US Postal Service Board of Governors to meet November 10 – Newsroom
WASHINGTON, DC – The Board of Governors of the United States Postal Service will meet in open session November 10, 2022 at the Postal Service Headquarters, 475 L’Enfant Plaza, SW, Washington, DC. The public is invited to observe the meeting beginning at 8:30 a.m. ET in the Benjamin Franklin Room on the 11th floor. The Council is expected to discuss the following:
- Remarks by the Chairman of the Board of Governors
- Remarks from the Postmaster General and CEO
- Approval of the minutes of the meetings of August 9, September 9 and October 4
- Committee reports
- Financial matters
- Annual financial report 2022
- FY2022 10K and financial statements
- Annual Report to Congress
- Integrated Financial Plan for FY2023 and Liquidity Outlook
- Congressional Reimbursement Request for Fiscal Year 2024
- Quarterly Service Performance Report
- Approval of the provisional agenda for the meeting of February 9, 2023
- Election of President and Vice-President
A public comment period will begin immediately following the adjournment of the public meeting on November 10. During the public comment period, which must not exceed 45 minutes, members of the public may comment on any item or topic on the session agenda above Registration to participate in the public comment period is required. In addition, the public will have the opportunity to join the public comment session and participate via teleconference. If you wish to participate by teleconference, you will need to provide your first and last name, a valid email address to send an invitation and a telephone number to reach you in the event of a technical problem. Speakers can register online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BOG-11-10-2022. A maximum of three minutes are allocated to each speaker. The time allotted to each speaker will be determined after registration closes. Registration for the public comment period, in person or by teleconference, will close on November 8 at noon ET. Participation in the public comment period is governed by 39 CFR 232.1(n).
Public meetings of the Board of Governors are available on live audio webcasts at https://about.usps.com/who/leadership/board-governors/#sessions. Three hours after the conclusion of the public session, a recorded audio file will be available for listening. In accordance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, the audio webcast will be captioned.
The Postal Service generally does not receive tax dollars for its operating expenses and depends on the sale of postage, goods, and services to fund its operations.